After extensive objective research (your Kitty is never asked by a brand to test their products, nor does she accept swag for reviews), I have no compunction whatsoever in saying Arcona may well be heaven's gift to lovers of green and natural cosmetics. I have found the sunscreen of sunscreens, Reozone 40 (click image above for ordering info. I can't find it anywhere but Beauty.com) Here is why it's the cat's meow:
- It's made in the USA, which cuts down on expensive and unsustainable shipping from a far. Plus, I try to buy American whenever I can, 'cause that's how I roll.
- Reozone 40 blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Both are dangerous.
- The packaging is sleek and looks cool on my vanity (I prefer things left out to match their surroundings and my laboratory of a master bath sports brushed nickel hardware. I know, weird. This is an issue with tissue boxes, soap, and candles as well. One day I'll tell you about my towel-folding protocol in the linen closet).
- The formula contains a little color, so it doubles as a foundation of sorts. It will do in a pinch when I don't have time to use mineral powders on top to hide my freckles.
- I have yet to get that creepy stinging feeling some facial sunscreens impart. No carbuncles or clogged pores, either.
- It smells like nothing. I love that.
- The texture/viscosity is incredible, almost like mousse.
- Is purported by the brand to "